Saturday, January 3, 2015

A New Year

Before entering 2015, I set some goals for myself. Cheesy, yes, but I am determined to follow through with my plans. My overall goal is to become more healthy, both physically and mentally. Therefore, I will:
  • Drink water. To be honest, I've hardly consumed any water in my 18 years of existence.
  • Exercise. Currently, I am very excited to start training karate in college. I spent my childhood in the dojo, and I hope I can continuing practicing for years to come. 
  • Write. I love writing with all my heart. When I write I am able to see my thoughts on a page, which couldn't be registered in my mind. My goal is to write pieces that other people can relate to, or at least appreciate.
  • Not panic. This is a big one for me. I'm one of the most neurotic people I know. Slowly, slowly I am learning to embrace the parts of me that don't make sense to other people. One day, I want to function normally in society without the anxiety medications.
On this blog, I will record my progress toward my goals and chronicle the days as they come. In addition, I will share the things I write for critique. 2015, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment