Friday, October 2, 2015

Despite Gravity

I fall, but don’t drift away,
For gravity hugs me close.
Sheltered by the atmosphere,
I have smoky air to breath.
It’s impossible to be
Afraid of heights when the top
Can never be reached. But you,
The big world in which I live,
Keep me moving up against
Our strong, precious gravity.

I need food, air, and shelter
All of which you constantly
Provide me in your embrace.
But I need just a bit more
To survive and win the race.


You are caught, but cannot break,
For gravity’s claw holds you tight.
Smothered by the atmosphere,
You have no fresh air to breath.
It’s impossible to find
The will to climb when you feel
Your breaths heavy and labored.
Strangled by gravity’s clutch,
You keep struggling. You fight
Against the world’s constriction.

You need food, air, and shelter,
Which you must compete for from
Your place in the world’s embrace.
But if you fight a bit more

You can survive; win the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment